Bachelor in artificial intelligence - development and application
Do you want to develop a solid understanding of AI technology and be sought after in a field that is developing at record speed? As a student, you will take part in developments that have a major impact on today’s and tomorrow’s working life.
Artificial intelligence (AI) has the potential to increase efficiency and productivity in the workplace, reduce costs and free up time for employees to focus on more creative and complex tasks. AI can also help to analyze large amounts of data quickly and accurately and thus provide a better basis for decisions. This can be useful in, for example, product development, content production, research, marketing, risk assessment, recruitment processes and market development.
At the same time that AI can be of great use, the technology can also have implications for the future labor market and which jobs AI can replace in whole or in part. We are in a time of increased use of AI in working life. It is therefore important for students to be at the forefront and develop new skills to be relevant. In addition to technical skills, abilities such as creativity, problem solving, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills will continue to be important.
The ability to collaborate with and handle both people and AI systems in an efficient manner will be in demand. AI will be a powerful resource in working life, and it is important to be aware of both the opportunities and the challenges that come with it.
The bachelor’s program “Artificial Intelligence – development and application” is a study program where students can choose to focus only on the development of tools for artificial intelligence or choose a more interdisciplinary direction with both the development and application of AI.
Completion of the course opens up a number of opportunities for further master’s studies at HINN, depending on which subject combinations you have chosen for the bachelor’s course. Read more
A candidate who successfully completes the programme will have the following total learning outcomes defined in knowledge, skills and general competence:
Learning outcome – Knowledge
The student has
- knowledge about the basic principles, algorithms, human-centered design principles and techniques used in AI and machine learning
- knowledge about mathematical and statistical concepts in order to analyze, model and interpret complex data sets
- broad knowledge about practical applications and developments in society for AI tools
- knowledge about ethics and law associated with AI and big data, including fairness, access and responsibility
Learning outcome – Skills
- apply programming, data processing and human-centered design methods in the development of AI
- create new solutions and evaluate their effectiveness when encountering real AI and big data challenges
- work efficiently in different teams, and contribute different academic perspectives and approaches for shared goals and results
- communicate work-relevant AI tools, theory, forms of expression and methods, both orally and in writing
Learning outcome – General competence
- demonstrate an understanding of ethical, legal, and societal implications for AI, ethical frameworks, and responsible practices in the development and use of AI systems
- use a human-centered approach to design in order to develop AI-driven products and services that address real-world needs
- collaborate efficiently in multidisciplinary teams, in different contexts and across disciplines, and apply diverse perspectives and expertise to solve complex AI problems both orally and in writing
- understand the cultural, societal and economic implications of AI
- communicate the efficient and ethical use of AI in various sectors and organizations